Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fake News

I think that different news outlets have different agendas.  Depending on what news media you are tuned into, that same story could vary in different outlets.  It's difficult to get all the information from one news source.  There are so many news stories that have been altered to gain attention and to make a quick buck.  If you aren't searching for news on a credible site, then it's easy to fall into a fake media site.  Fox news is known to be very biased when it came to the Republican party and lately it seems like they have been asking the "hard questions" so maybe they are leaning towards attempting to return to their original purpose.  One example is Shepard Smith and how he called out Donald Trump on regards to the Russia's involvement in the election.  Link of the Fox News segment I found on youtube..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJvYTsiFzSk   

Fake news intentionally puts out fake stories to make a quick buck or to get attention.  There are no credible sources to back up their stories.  It has become more mainstream because it's all over our social media accounts.  Some people don't bother looking  looking to stories to see if there is some truth behind.  It's just easier reading the headers of the stories published.  It's so easy to generate a fake story and post it on social media.

I provided an example of a fake news story/site,which is the link below, that claims Obama's birth certificate is fake.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/evidence-obama-birth-certificate-fake-heading-to-congress/

It's always important to do your research.  Not everything you see on the internet is accurate.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeanne, I read your blog post and I feel really similar to you. I also feel as if the news we consume is money driven; the news outlets will put anything on their transmissions for the sake of making a quick dollar. Also, like you said many news sources are very biased either left or right. I do not feel that in such an "advanced" country that we live in we should have to sift through all these different news sources and broadcast and piece things together in order to find out what the true stories are.

    ReplyDelete