Before Wednesday's lecture, I wasn't aware that only 6 companies were in charge of the majority of American Media. I thought there was more variety when it came to who owns what. Most likely companies that are turning a big profit will always try and buy out smaller companies to reduce competition, which in turn own more of the market. The majority of television consumption I watch is on Netflix, rarely do I watch cable tv. If I do happen to watch cable it would most likely be news on CNN or on Fox News. So essentially I'm getting both sides of the spectrum lol. Fox News typically leans towards portraying the news in a more conservative republican lens in comparison to CNN being more liberal. The news is definitely monitored and is filtered on what is shown. I'd have to go the extra mile and watch the news that isn't American based.
No comments:
Post a Comment