
For my advertising piece I decided to use this Axe "Effect" product. Not only is this image trying to sell this product but it is also provoking emotions. This product is mainly marketed out to men. This product represents masculinity; whether you are a guy that is out of shape or in shape, this product will help you look muscular and become attractive.

This image was taken by a journalist in Iraq. I think the message that he was trying to portray is that there is still tension between the government and journalist. Death threats have been issued to journalists if they publish anything public that has to due with corruption of the government.
I really like both of your examples! The first one really made me think about how beauty products for both women and men try to sell us this idea of an ideal body image, even when they're things like perfume/cologne and shampoo. Axe definitely tries to make (especially young) men think that they're product will make them more attractive to women.
ReplyDeleteAlso, excellent point about the death threats to journalists! It's got to be difficult to be a journalist who wants to tell the truth - especially right now.
The photo you shared of the journalist in Iraq is really great. Ive been reading a lot of articles lately regarding embedded journalists or independent journalist and I think this photo does a great job at sharing that type of experience.
ReplyDelete